Wednesday, December 12, 2012

There is Hope! Jesus is Coming Soon...

Getting ready to head out to the office this morning, I got in Bubba (the name of my truck), cranked up the local Christian radio station to hear Christmas music and get in the Christmas spirit, and headed for the office. As I creeped slowly onto the interstate, traffic was backed up out the whazoo and my Christmas spirit began to turn into something else. As I came to a complete stop on the highway, what little spark of Christmastime had completely evaporated like the fog rising over river I could see off to my right.

Just as I really started to lose it while sitting in the rush hour traffic, I happened to see a sign posted off to the side of the road and it simply said,...

"JESUS IS COMING SOON"

My whole demeanor changed in an instant. I thought, yes, He is coming back again! In fact, in a little less than two weeks, we will be celebrating His first coming some 2,000 years ago in a manger in Bethlehem. But He's not here; He is risen and He is coming back again.

He's coming back to take His children home. He's coming back to claim His bride, the church. And He's coming back this time not as the baby in the manger or the suffering servant but rather the triumphant King, the Lamb Who was slain but is now the Lion of Judah!

There is hope. In the midst of all the craziness. When things don't go the way I think they should. When problems and pressures tempt me to criticize and take my eyes off the goal. When the world and all that it is in it is seemingly turned on its head. There is hope: Jesus is coming soon!"

I don't have knowledge of the exact time or the exact mode. I do know that it will be a great a glorious day for those who have been washed in  the blood of the Lamb. I also know that it will be a terrible day for those who have not.

So, while there is still day, let us not grow weary in well-doing. Let us not grow weary in sharing the message...

There is hope! Jesus is coming soon!

Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment