Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just a Reminder...

I read a great verse in devotions this morning from 1 Corinthians 1:25 which says,...

"God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom and God's weakness is stronger than human strength"

It is a sad trap that I fall into so often. I try to live my life in my own power and my own resources. I don't do it on purpose. I know deep down that God is all powerful and all sufficient. I also know He is my heavenly Father who cares for me and knows me better than anyone including myself. But I still fall, or rather slide, into the trap of just doing it on my own.

The Apostle Paul reminds us that none of us are self-sufficient. In fact, we are all deficient and the only real sufficiency that can be found is in our relationship to God through Christ. Even though he was an apostle of apostles, he rightly recognized the fact that his greatest wisdom and strength was not even close to the least of God's attributes. In fact, God's foolishness (sic) and weakness are greater than the best any of us have to offer.

When I look back over my life, I can give testimony to this verse. Of all the "great" things that have happened in my life and the things that I would like to take credit for, all of them are small when compared to the smallest of miracles that God has wrought during that same span. In fact, my testimony is that the greatest events of my life were what God did and had very little to do with me.

So, once again, I stand humbled and confess that anything from God is way better than what I can come up with. I acknowledge that I generally make a mess of things when I try to live in my own strength. And once again, I repent and renew my commitment to trust in Him with all my heart and to continue to try not to lean to my own understanding of things.

Lord, let me be a fool for You and let me be completely helpless yet secure in your wisdom and strength.

Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment