Monday, April 21, 2014

Seven Words that Changed the World...

This past weekend, we celebrated Easter. On Friday, we celebrated the death of Christ (called Black Friday by some) and traditionally, the Christian faith remembers the seven last sayings of Jesus from the cross. These sayings reveal His humanity, divinity as well as his purpose for eternity.

While most of us are somewhat familiar with the the seven last sayings of Christ, we often overlook the seven words that were spoken on Easter which changed the world forever…

"He is not here; He is risen!"

The women who went to the tomb saw angels inside…

The two disciples who ran to the tomb (Peter and John) saw grave clothes…

When we go to the tomb, we see nothing because…

"He is not here; He is risen!"

That's why we sing…

"I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today.
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer.
And just the time I need Him, He's always near!
He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today.
He walks with me and talks with me, along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!"

Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment